Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Post Spring Break Chapters

Over these past few weeks of reading Sophie's World, many chapters have caught my attention and left me questioning a few things. For example, in The Renaissance when Sophie had her dream about a girl sitting next to her and then the girl's father called her in and they shared a huge embrace, but Sophie found her gold cross chain on the bench. Then when she woke up, she found the same necklace from her dream under her pillow. Now, as we all know, this isn't the first time she has found something that belongs to Hilde. What I ponder is how this keeps happening? Mind you, Sophie is practically pondering her entire life and doesn't understand how Hilde's father seems to know everything; and I agree. It seems like he's always in the loop with everything that's going on, and not just with Hilde, with Sophie and Alberto too. I like how Sophie has relaxed a bit with Alberto and is really trying to get to the bottom of things with him. I thought it was a bit risky when she "stayed with Joanna" and went to meet Alberto at the old, abandoned church early the next morning. Maybe it's just because the set-up is weird--young girl, grown man, eight a.m., alone in an abandoned church. Anyways, once she got back to Joanna's and they had their whole talk about philosophy I was relived! It's odd to say, I know, but it just felt right that someone would call out how weird this entire situation is! For example, Sophie just sort of accepts this philosophy class and her mom just barely scratches the surface on questioning the little notes. I enjoyed these few chapters over break.

No comments:

Post a Comment