Thursday, April 27, 2017

Blog Reflection #3

This book keeps throwing me off left and right, and it seems as though one of the ways to help understand it better is through the work of re-reading certain parts. For example, I had to re-read the chapters of Spinoza and Locke a few times to grasp their meaning. Similar to the way Sophie noticed something new when she watched the Athens film again and noticed the postcard that read “Hilde” in one group. One of the parts I had to read more than once was when the novel stated that Hermes, the dog, actually spoke and said “‘Happy Birthday’” to Sophie when they were at the park on the bench. DOGS CAN’T TALK AND WE KNOW THIS. I think it's weird how Alberto continues to blame Hilde’s father for everything; such as this instance. There's no way a man all the way in Lebanon can make a dog talk all of a sudden. I'm really hoping Sophie is not buying that, and that she begins thinking outside the box. Another part I had to re-read was when Alberto called her Hilde yet again as she's leaving. They had just finished talking about the last time he called her Hilde and they both agreed that maybe it was Hilde’s father...but he says it again and it leads me to believe something's not right. I don't necessarily know how to explain it all with words, but I'm just getting some off vibes from Alberto now. It's like he's hiding something from Sophie, and she's getting pretty darn close to figuring it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment