Thursday, April 27, 2017

Blog Connection #3

Well we have recently started the film Inception in class and of course it left me thinking about a few things. The entire concept of the movie, I think, is about what's real and what's not. More so as if to ask is it all a dream? What confuses me the most on all of this is the how the get into the dream state. I understand that they use some machine that makes a hissing noise and sends them into a dream state, but what exactly is it. Like how does it make them sleep? Is it a nerve type of thing? What happens if someone breaks it while they're in a dream? So many questions simply regarding the process, but more with how they wake up. What if, like normal people, they don't hear the alarm, therefore they don't wake up..how bad is that? Not to mention, is it bad to put yourself under by yourself..in case you don't wake up? I'm sure some of these questions will be answered throughout the movie, but they're just on the brain. My new question I began pondering is whether what's being said in the movie is true, such as how our subconscious acts and how they're represented. In the movie, our subconscious is represented as people; maybe even strangers. I once read something that said when we dream, we can't “make” a face we've never seen before. This means that every face in our subconscious is someone we've seen before at some point in time. Thus, could it be true that we dream of random strangers who are there to protect our mind?

No comments:

Post a Comment