Thursday, May 18, 2017

Connection #5

With this whole concept of the lives’ of Alberto and Sophie being practically ran by the major made me revisit my thoughts of mankind not really existing…
I do believe in God, so yes I believe that He writes our destiny but I've always wondered if we were simply, I don't know, a snow globe on an alien’s shelf somewhere. What if our entire existence is a lie? This reminds me of when we spoke on Kierkegaard and how one of the most important concepts to him was existing. I wonder how would he feel and answer to questions like mine about questioning mankind’s existence. Now we also talked about Kant, and how he believed that time and space are innate concepts. Is this true? I would like to think so because if we think about it, we technically created time..I'm not so sure about space. If we think about it, humans have a different time setup than animals, right? We have the whole 365 days a year, 52 weeks a year, 7 days a week, 24 hours a day, etc. I feel as though animals just live from sunrise to sunset without getting all detailed like. We run on a strict, day by day lifestyle that we constructed with time--which seems to have a strong grip on us. Even from the very instance of birth, we see and feel the effects of time, which is why I feel they are innate. Time is a quality/quantity that we created for ourselves, and ever since it has trickled down generations and has formed a hold on humanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment